How to make CBD Oil from your Hemp Flower
You've just bought your amazing CBD/Hemp Flower, and you're now wondering what next. Well if you're looking to make your own oil but don't know where to start then look no further. Below we give you a step-by-step guide on how to go about making your own DIY CBD Oil.
What you need:
- Mason Jar
- An oven
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment paper
- High-proof alcohol
- Hemp flower
- Something to grind your hemp flower
The making of..
- First, you’ll want to grind it to a fine consistency. Spread the flower over a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and bake at 220 degrees Fahrenheit (F) in the oven for 30-45 minutes. This is to convert CBDA into CBD. Let it cool before moving to the next step.
- Fill a mason jar with high-proof alcohol, such as Everclear. Mix your hemp flower into the alcohol.
- Close the jar, and let it sit for a few weeks away from sunlight, preferably in the freezer. Shake the mixture once per day.
- Use a cheesecloth to strain the mixture into a vial, bottle, or jar. That’s it! Keep your tincture stored in a cool and dark place, and mix well before use. Before using your tincture for the first time, be sure to test its potency by taking one or two drops.
Well, there you have it, your own CBD oil.